October 11, 2009

Long Time No Blog...

It has been so crazy these last few weeks! School is finally starting to catch up to me more. It was really relaxing there for a while but now my professors have this weird idea that we need to start taking tests...Blahhh! Oh well...that's life.

Last weekend we got to go to the Saturday afternoon session of conference with my parents and Tanae. They were able to get five tickets and invited Jason and I to go along with them. Jason was originally scheduled to work and tried to get someone to cover his shift but had no luck. Finally on Friday night someone text him back who could cover part of his shift. He ended up being able to come with us and I'm so glad he did! He worked that morning and then we went and picked him up around noon. Conference was great! I always love it when conference comes around, and it's even better when we get to go to the conference center!
Here's the crew...on our way to Salt Lake. We were so excited and shocked as I'm sure everyone in Brigham City was who heard President Monson announce the building of a Temple in our little town. :) I am still soooo excited for it! My first thought was how much I would have loved to get married in the Brigham City Temple, but Bountiful was wonderful and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to wait this long to marry Jason. :) I can't wait for them to start constructing it!


After conference we decided to go grab a bite to eat at Crown Burger before it was time for the guys to go to the priesthood session.















The food was delicious! It had been way too long since I had a cheeseburger at Crown Burger! Thanks Mom and Dad!

Yesterday I decided to be adventurous and make a banana cream pie for the first time. I decided to use the recipe my mom always uses because it is soooo good!
















I was really excited to try this pie. It looked sooo good, and it had taken quite a while to make. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as I remember it being when my mom makes it. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I guess practice makes perfect. It wasn't terrible or anything...it just wasn't quite as good as I was hoping for. Jason was really nice about it though and pointed out everything he liked about it. :) He's such a great hubby! I guess I shouldn't expect it to turn out perfect the very first time. It was fun to try anyway. :) Better luck next time!
Now, back to school. About a week ago we learned how to do 3 more injections! One of the girls snapped some pictures for me, so I thought I'd put them up. Here I am applying some topical anesthetic so that Meagan hopefully won't feel the poke too much. In the next picture the cap is off and I'm ready to go. Dr. Naylor (who is a Hygienist and a Dentist) is great at helping out and she pointed me in the right direction.
Last Friday we did injections again. This time we only did the 4 that we'll do most often. I felt a lot more comfortable doing these the second time around. I still had questions of course, but I actually felt like I new what I was doing. Now that we've practiced on eachother a couple times we can start giving injections to our real patients! I actually really like giving shots. I'm not sure why, but it is kind of fun. It was just surprising how much better it felt this last week. I think we all had a lot more confidence since we'd done them once before. I know this really isn't as exciting to anyone else as it is to me, but that's ok...I'm just a dental nerd. :)

Snowball Fight from Amy

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!