August 15, 2009

Costa Rica!

We were sooo lucky we got to go to Costa Rica for 11 days and just got back Thursday night. It was beautiful there and we would love to go back sometime! Unfortunately our digital camera died on us so I only have a few pictures right now, but we also had two other cameras we used while we were there. I guess I'll just post more of our pictures as we get them developed.
While we were there we stayed in 3 different areas. The first place was Arenal. It's located up in the rainforest and our hotel was at the base of a volcano! It was awesome! We got to stay in these cute little cabins/huts. It was fun feeling like we had our own little house all to ourselves.

Here we are out by the pool at our hotel. It was too cloudy to see the valcano the first 2 days we were there so we were really excited when it cleared up.



This next picture shows us all wet and muddy after ziplining through the rainforest canopy. Even though it was raining it was way fun...and it made us go faster on the ziplines. :) (Unfortunately we weren't really able to get any pictures of us ziplining since it was raining and because of how the ziplines were set up.) When we first got there they drove us up the mountain quite a ways in a truck so we started out really high. There were 18 different lines that we went on with platforms inbetween. I think the longest line was about 1/2 a mile. It was so much fun and the views we had were awesome! Towards the end of the zipline route they had a Tarzan swing that was optional. It was a really long cable that they would hook our harnest to and then they would ease us off the platform and we'd go swinging out over a cliff. I was a little bit scared at first but it was so much fun! We dropped about 25-30 ft. when we went off the platform so we were swinging pretty far. We absolutely loved it! For some reason Jason got completely plastered with mud everytime he went on one of the lines...it was hillarious...at least to me! ;) This is actually clean for him compared to what he looked like earlier.


The next day we got to hold some frogs, lizards, and snakes at a zoo we went to on the other side of the volcano. This next picture is the cutest little frog I've ever seen. It doesn't even look real but I completley fell in love with it when I saw it. This was by far my favortie little critter! I probably shouldn't have cropped this picture so much because the quality isn't as good now...oh well. Little Mr. Froggie was so bright! This picture really doesn't do him justice. Like you can see, he's mostly green but he also has bright blue, orange, and yellow, along with bright red eyes. Even though it's so bright it can still hide. When it doesn't want to be seen it just curls up and blends in with the leaves. It was cool when he would move around because his legs are a lot longer than you'd expect them to be.


One of Jason's favortie animals at the zoo was Eliza the giant boa constrictor. She was huge! They had just fed her a chicken the night before so they couldn't move her very much since she was still digesting but Jason got to hold her head. He said even just that much of her body was really heavy! Look at that grin! :)

Next up is this little green lizard. When the guy that works there got it out for us to see, I saw it crouch back a little bit and realized it was preparing to jump. I tried to move because I didn't want it jumping right on my face but I was too slow. Luckily it just landed on my shoulder. :)
When it had enough of me it jumped over onto Jason's head but kept going and crawled down onto his back. I'm wondering if the gell in Jason's hair bothered it. (Sorry it's a little blurry.)



We also got a cool picture of it poofing it's throat out. The employee at the zoo tried to irritate it a little bit so we could see what it looked like.



I guess that's about it for now. There's so much more to tell but I'll just wait until I get some more pictures back. If anyone gets a chance to go to Costa Rica we would definitely recommend it! We had a blast!

Snowball Fight from Amy

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!