December 8, 2009

Christmas Parties!

Last weekend was sooo much fun! We started it out saturday morning with the Swift Christmas party. We had dutch oven breakfast, which was delicious, and then played the traditional dollar gift game. Everyone sat in a circle and took turns rolling a pair of dice. Whenever someone rolled doubles, they got to take a present out of the middle or steal one from someone else. We had a lot of fun as usual, but Jason, Garrett, and James were the life of the party. Those three were proof that boys never get too old to wrestle. :) They all had a lot of fun wrestling eachother while everyone else did their best not to get hit. It got a little crazy at times, but luckily no one got hurt and they were laughing the entire time. I wish I had it on video! :)

Later that night we had the Garrett Christmas Party. We had a "South of the Border" theme since Trevor and Nichole are both speaking Spanish on their missions. It was quite the fiesta and it was decorated really cute! Each table had a huge sombrero in the middle of it filled with tortilla chips, which I thought was an awesome idea! There was also a pinata, pin the tail on the donkey, and a poster we could get our picture taken with. Unfortunately our camera doesn't do well with indoor pictures, but I'll post them anyway. Santa, please bring me a new camera for Christmas!!!


After the fiesta, we went to another Christmas party.....with Jason's friends from high school. It was great to see all of them again, and catch up. Some of them have kids and it was crazy to see how much they'd grown! I don't remember the last time everyone was able to get together, so we're glad we didn't miss it! Everyone has recently moved back to Utah, so hopefully we can see eachother more often!

On Sunday we went over to grandma Swift's house and helped her decorate for Christmas. It was a lot of fun and it made me excited to pull out our Christmas stuff! Hopefully we'll be decorating our own house soon! Mom, Dad, Amy, and Kelci were all there too. After decorating, we had tacos and some oh so heavenly peach cobbler (with cookie dough cooked on top instead of cake mix). It was delicious!

Jason was originally hiding from me behind the tree. When I moved so I could see him, he thought it would be funny to pull a weird face just in time for the picture. He's so proud that I didn't notice sooner.

Me looking like a newborn vampire while Kelci looks beautiful as always.

Snowball Fight from Amy

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!